Monday, December 17, 2007

Oh, To Be An A#@%!

There's no doubt I can be an ass at times, I admit it. But sometimes I really wish I could be an ass. For instance...On Friday my wife and I were at our daughter's awards assembly for school. It's held outside at the amphitheatre, so there's lots of standing room for the parents (and I mean lots). Dorene and I are there early so we get a prime view against the back wall, but center. The awards presentation gets underway, and a woman walks up and stands next to me. No less than five minutes into the program, she moves right in front of my line of view. And parks there. So in disbelief, I have to take a moment to assess what just happened. Then in typical Christian fashion I turn to my wife and whisper, "I think I should walk up there and stand a foot in front of her, what do you think?" My wife, actually being a Christian, just laughs. I tell her, "Sometimes, I wish I could be more of an ass." In other words, I just couldn't bring myself to do it, even though it would have been exhilarating, I know it. This is what I think Paul meant by "not gratifying the desires of the sinful nature." So consider it a small victory. To show there's no hard feelings, I decided to feature her prominently on my blog.

No comments: