Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Abiding #2

It's been almost a month into the project and to be honest I don't feel like there has been any significant change internally for me. Things are a bit more normal schedule-wise since Dorene is back to working part time, so I do feel like there is more "space' in my life, which is equivalent to some breathing room. I feel less suffocated, frazzled, and plain irritable. But I want my abiding to exist and work whatever the state of my life.

However, there have been a few minor adjustments.

First, I noticed that at the very least, I'm thinking about abiding more. Having this project keeps my accountable in a good way, keeps me honest, never too far away from the subject, always pulling me back kind of like a holy centrifugal force.

Secondly, every morning it has been my habit/discipline to pray using the Lord's Prayer as a framework, to commit the day to the God, to cover my family, to submit to him the things that lay before me. I've now added to that time a prayer of abiding. Basically a "Lord, teach me how to abide." I pray this, I suppose, even as I am actually abiding through prayer.

But I want more. More relationship. More fruit in my life.

But it's a start.

No comments: