Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Say It Ain't So, Nic

This morning I awoke to an article in the LA Times' announcing that Nic Harcourt, DJ and Music Director of the famously-influential KCRW radio station was moving on after 10 years of hosting 'Morning Becomes Eclectic.' As I wrote on the station's blog, his leaving is bittersweet for me. Certainly no one can fault a person who wants to devote more time to their children while pursuing new creative endeavors (as the Times noted). But I will surely miss his familiar voice and especially his UK-influenced taste in music. I discovered everyone from M.I.A. to Coldplay to Corinne Bailey Rae to The Go! Team to the Arctic Monkeys from MBE over the years. Especially cool were his "in-studio" guests to close out most of his shows. Thanks Nic for 10 great years, my ears will never be the same!

No comments: