Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gas Prices. Downturn Silverlining!

Wow, I filled up my tank this morning and spent less than $30 bucks! Gas was only $2.29! Hallelujah! I have noticed that I do considerably less driving and have been more conscience of my spending, which is one of the benefits of not having any discretionary money. On a related note, I still occasionally wonder why the State increased the speed limit several years back from 55 to 65mph? The lower speed limit seemed to be safer and saves gas.

_________

There's a SUV I see around my neighborhood every so often. It's a black Infinity Q56 with a Prop 8 sticker on the back window and a personalized license plate suggesting the power of positive thinking. But what struck me was the license-plate frame which humbly boasts: "Driver carries no cash...treasures stored in heaven." Really now? I didn't know you could actually drive heaven? Don't get me wrong, I do think a person can drive an expensive car and be a Christian, but if you're going to put your beliefs out there, it's fair game.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I saw this and thought it was pretty relevant to the SUV driver with treasures stored in heaven.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bumper+sticker+activism